About the Department
The department of Electronics and communication was established in the year 1983 with annual intake of 60 to offer 3 year full time diploma course. The department has dedicated and well experienced faculties with higher qualifications. The department has well established laboratories to meet out the challenges of the latest technologies like Embedded systems, Microcontrollers, VLSI technology, Communication networks including opto electronics, Digital signal processing etcThe students are taught with quality education both in theory and practical. The students are placed in various industries in the State, through campus interviews.
The department is furnished with latest equipments and instruments. It includes 12 laboratories.
- 1. Electronics Devices and Circuits Lab
- 2. Electric Circuits and Instrumentation Lab
- 3. 'C' Programming Lab
- 4. Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- 5. Industrial Electronics Lab
- 6. Communication Engineering Lab
- 7. Microprocessor and Micro controller Lab
- 8. Advanced Communication System Lab
- 9. VLSI Lab
- 10. Digital Signal Processing Lab
- 11. Computer Hardware and Networking Lab
- 12. Embedded Systems Lab
Advanced instruments like storage oscilloscope, micro controller systems, fiber optical communication systems, Pentium Systems etc are available in the laboratories.
The department is excellently functioning to impart quality-oriented technical education in the field of electronics. The ISTE and IE (I) students' chapters, in the department, organize a number of workshops, quiz programmes, seminars, technical, symposia throughout the year.
The students are given the opportunities to know soft-skills like
- 1. Personality Improvement
- 2. Career Development
- 3. Disaster Management
- 4. Leadership Quality
- 5. Group Tasking etc
Short term technical courses are conducted for the students to have industrial exposure in the field of
- 1. Computer Networks
- 2. VLSI Design
- 3. Embedded Systems Design
- 4. Computer Hardware Servicing etc
The faculties in the department are upgrading their Technical knowledge through Workshops, Seminars, Short term Technical Courses, National Conferences etc.