Land & Buildings
The Polytechnic is located in a specious area of more than 200 acres at Krishnankoil which is very near to Srivilliputtur. The entire area enjoys a good climate which contributes to the health environments required for an academic Institution.
It started functioning in the year 1983 as full fledged Institution with necessary facilities like Buildings, Laboratories, Workshops, Machineries, Library, Play-ground, & Canteen
There are at present 12000 volumes of useful books and 30 national and international journals. The following regulations are strictly followed in the library.
- 1. Absolute silence and discipline must be maintained in the library.
- 2. Two borrowers' tickets are issued to students on which books can be taken on loan.
- 3. A student can retain the book for 15 days. If the due date falls on a holiday he should return it on the next working day.
- 4. The librarian can recall the books at any time without giving reason.
- 5. If a student does not return the book on due date, a fine of Rs.5 per working day will be levied.
- 6. Marking underlining, annotating, scribbling and tearing of pages are prohibited.
- 7. No student shall sub-lend the book taken from the library.
- 8. If a book is lost or damaged by a student, it shall be replaced with a copy of the latest edition.
- 9. Special care should be taken for the safe custody of barrowers tickets till it is handed over to the library at the end of the year.
- 10. If a borrower's ticket is lost, the fact, should be immediately reported the librarian. A duplicate borrower's ticket will be issued to him on payment Rs.15. The student shall continue to be held responsible for any loss that library may suffer through this lost card.
- 11. The library will be kept open on all the working days from 8.30 am to 6.00.p.m with lunch break from 2.00p.m to 2.30p.m. The librarian is empowered to send out any student who misbehaves in the library. All serious matters will be brought to the notice of the Principal promptly by the librarian.
Book Bank For SC & ST Students
Book bank facility is available for SC/ST students. As many as 500 volumes are available in the book bank. The book bank is functioning on the following lines.
- 1. 12 books will be issued of each SC/ST students
- 2. The books can be used for one full semester
- 3. Books should not be lent to other students.
Eligible SC/ST, M.B.C., D.N.C. and BC students can get State Government Scholarships, Students should have secured a minimum of 90% attendance of become eligible for Scholarships
Our Polytechnic College has a fleet of 17 buses and two vans to transport students and staff members. The bus terminuses include Krishnakoil, Srivilliputtur, Rajapalayam, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar, Madurai, and Watrap Besides the regular scheduled trips, the facility is extended for occasions like Special Coaching Classes( after College working hours ), Visits to local Industries, NSS Camps etc.
A sprawling auditorium with a capacity to seat around 1000 members is located in the campus. It is named Dr.K.S. Krishnan auditorium after the renowned scientist from this area. All Department and College level functions are held in this auditorium.
Play grounds for almost all outdoor games and indoor games in the campus.. A well built Indoor stadium is also available with wooden floorings and many rooms for athletes and participating teams .A fully equipped gymnasium is provided for the students for improving their physical fitness. Our Physical Director is training the students daily in their games of interest. Talents are spotted, groomed and taken to Inter Polytechnic College tournaments.
Bank Facilities in the Campus
- The University has built a bank-building near the main entrance of the University and leased it to the Union Bank of India, a nationalized bank.
- It is elevated to a core branch now.
- The services of the bank include offering educational loan to the needy students, gold loan, personal loan and housing loan to the campus community.
- The bank has set up two ATMS; one on the bank building and the other centrally located in the campus.
Working Hours of the Union Bank of India
- Monday to Friday – 10.00hrs to 14.00hrs
- Saturday – 10.00hrs to 12.00hrs
- In order to cater to the diverse tastes of the multicultural students and staff, the University has built a big canteen and outsourced it to a contractor.
- It is a multi-cuisine vegetarian canteen and it functions from morning till evening.
- The price of the snacks and other food items like the meals are controlled by the University authorities.
- A minimum of 200 people can sit and eat in the canteen. In the tea-breaks of the University, the canteenwalahs transport the eatables and tea/coffee to the various blocks of the University and serve the student community, in other words, there are mobile canteens as well in the University.
- Besides this central canteen, there are also a few other smaller canteens, where fresh fruit juices and bakery items are served to the campus community, all at controlled prices. In addition to these, there is also a North Indian Canteen that serves exclusively North Indian menus to the North Indian students.
- There is a post office on campus that handles a massive volume of mails on every working day.
- The normal postal activities like selling stamps, registration, money orders, speed post service, etc are handled in the post office.
- There are also a couple of courier service units on campus. Mails and parcels are sent and received by these centres.
The Government of India, Ministry of Telegraph & Posts is specially running a post office at the Polytechnic College campus.
An extension counter of the Union Bank of India, Watrap branch with 24 hours ATM counter is also situated in the campus.
Two canteens are functioning for the benefit of the students.
A general store is functioning. Books, Notes and other stationary articles are made available in this store.
A fully equipped Health Centre with Two physicians and 50 beds is functioning for medical treatment of students.
Public Telephone, Fax and Xerox, couriers service facilities are also available within the campus.
A mineral water plant is functioning in the campus for producing drinking water.