About the Department
The department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 1983. The department offers 3 years full-time diploma course in civil engineering with annual intake of 60. The department has dedicated faculties and the students are trained well with latest technology to cope up with the present scenario of innovative design of structural engineering being applied in modern constructions.
The department of Civil engineering has 6 laboratories
- 1. Material Testing Lab
- 2. Surveying Practice Lab
- 3. CAD in Civil Engineering Drawing Practice Lab
- 4. Construction Practice Lab
- 5. Hydraulics & Plumbing Lab
- 6. Computer Application in Civil Engineering Lab
All these laboratories are well equipped with modern machines / instruments, including Total Station, Global Position System and Pentium systems.
The department of civil engineering has the ISTE students' chapter and IE (I) students' chapter which help in organizing Workshops, Guest lecturers, Seminars, Quiz programmers, Industrial visits etc.
Through the chapters, students are given exposure to current trends in areas like
- 1. Modern surveying
- 2. SCADD
- 3. Structural Design
- 4. Interior Decoration
The chapters also carry out the following activities throughout the academic year
- 1. Personality Development Programmes
- 2. Communication Skills
- 3. Career Guidance Programs
- 4. Mock Interviews
- 5. Seminars
- 6. Conducting State level Technical Symposium
- 7. Short term courses
- 8. Sports term courses
- 9. Innovative projects by the final year students.