Admission in first year Diploma Courses:
The candidates who pass 10th ( X ) Standard or equivalent examinations with Mathematics and Science subjects are eligible for admission into Polytechnic Colleges.
Lateral Entry Admission:
For lateral entry that is admission into the second year (III Semester) of the three year Diploma courses, the candidates shall be required to have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (Academic or Vocational) of 10 plus 2 pattern, with the following conditions:
(i) Academic Stream candidates should have compulsorily studied Maths, Physics & Chemistry at 10 +2 level.
(ii) Vocational Stream candidates should have studied either Maths or Physics or Chemistry as one of the subjects of study along with the related Vocational Subject (Theory & Practical) at 10 + 2 level
There is no age limit for the admission.
RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINE
- 1. Every student should have the courteous habit of greeting the teachers when he/she meets them for the first time during the day in the Institution premises or outside.
- 2. When a teacher enters or leaves the class room, the students shall rise and keep standing until the teacher takes his seat or leaves the room.
- 3. Attendance is compulsory for periodical class tests and Board Examinations.
- 4. Every month the students' progress reports (attendance and test marks) will be sent to their parents. The parents are requested to meet the concerned Head of Department as soon as they receive the progress reports of their sons/wards without fail
- 5. Any student who infringes any of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic shall be deemed to have committed violation of discipline and the Principal may inflict suitable punishment by way of fine, loss of attendance, refusal to issue attendance certificate and or expulsion from the Polytechnic
- 6. Students are required to be regular and punctual to their classes.
- 7. Prefect order and silence should be maintained in the class rooms during working hours.
- 8. Students should wear clean and neat uniform dress with proper footwear.
- 9. Students should not loiter in the verandah or open places and should not gather in groups in front of lecturer halls and other places thereby causing inconvenience to others.
- 10. No student shall leave the class room without the permission of the concerned teacher or till the class is dispersed.
- 11. Students should be careful in dealing with the properties of the Institution and if damage is done to them, then the cost of the properties together with fine will be recovered from the students.