Arulmigu Kalasalingam Polytechnic College, a Self-financing Institution, was established in the year 1983 by the indefatigable conscious effort of Philanthropist, Kalvivallal Sri. T.Kalasalingam, B.Com. Having undergone the ordeals for higher education in his boyhood, he realized the necessity of quality education in the country and established this Institution with the sole aim of providing better education and opportunities to the younger generation in rural areas at affordable cost.
In recognition of his meritorious services in the field of Technical Education, the Government of India had nominated Sri..T.Kalasalingam as member of the Southern Regional Committee of the AICTE to look after the interest of appropriate technology for Rural Development.
This Institution enjoys the approval of the State Board of Technical Education, Government of Tamil Nadu from the academic year 1983-84 and All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi from the academic year 1993-1994.
To be a centre of excellence in quality technical and engineering of International Standards.
Arulmigu Kalasalingam Polytechnic College, an Institution striving hard to develop into a "Temple of Learning" for excellence, is to impart effective Technical Education under co-educational system for both secondary and post- secondary school passed outs, to meet the challenges of Technological developments in Industries and Research Institutions of the Country as well the Global scenario.
This Institution is situated in a serene surrounded by mountainous setting at Krishnankoil (near Srivilliputtur ), 65 kms from Madurai on the Madurai- Courtalam National Highway ( NH 208 ).
The Polytechnic College offers the three- year diploma courses in the following disciplines:
|Sl no.||Department||Nos of Sheets|
|3||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||120|
|4||Electronics & Communication Engineering||60|
The Objectives of the College are:
- To produce technically competent technocrats and administrators.
- To provide excellent atmosphere to the students to develop in – depth technical knowledge, good communication skills, self learning and good managerial skills.
- To produce employable engineers and administrators by providing exposure to industrial environment by providing industry interactions.
- To provide special attention to weak students through coaching classes.
- Extension of services through consultancy and continuing education to the industry and R&D needs of the region.
- Expansion of educational services in association with leading Industries and international Universities.